Through the integration of TCM and Nissan Forklift, UniCarriers Corporation offers
the market over a century’s worth of combined experience, and product
value that has long been considered among the best in the industry.
TCM Corporation History
- Founding of TCM Forklift (M) Sdn.Bhd., a joint marketing venture of the forklift sales & service in Malaysia.
- First domestic forklift truck certified as “Mechanical Engineering Heritage” by The Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers.
- TCM Corporation becomes a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi Construction Machinery Co., Ltd.
- New drive unit factory completed at the Shiga Plant.
- Founding of TCM Anhui Machinery in China.
- Founding of TCM Distribution USA, Inc.
- Founding of TCM Asia Distribution Co., Ltd. , a subsidiary based in Thailand.
- Shiga Plant obtains ISO 14001 certification.
Company renamed TCM Corporation on its 50th anniversary.
- Shiga Plant obtains ISO 9001 certification.
- Founding of Anhui TCM Forklift Co., Ltd., the first forklift plant in China operated by Japanese firm.
- Founding of TCM Europe S.A., in Belgium, a marketing subsidiary.
- Founding of TCM Manufacturing USA, Inc.
- Founding of TCM America(MBK), Inc., the company's first joint marketing venture.
- Company name changed to Toyo Umpanki Co., Ltd.
- Founding of Toyo Carriers Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
Production of the first Japan-made forklift.
Nissan Forklift Co., Ltd. History
- Founding of Nissan Forklift Co., Ltd., succeeding Nissan Motor's industrial machinery business.
- Nissan Forklift celebrates 50th anniversary.
Atlet AB acquired by Nissan Forklift group.
- Founding of Nissan Forklift Shanghai.
- Takada Kogyo succeeded the Nissan Forklift production from Nissan Motor's Murayama plant.
- Founding of Nissan Forklift Espana.
- Founding of Nissan Forklift Corporation, North America which manages Nissan Forklift manufacturing and sales activities.
- Local manufacture of forklifts in Spain begins.
- Nissan Motor acquires shares of Barrett Industrial Trucks Inc. of the USA; local manufacture of forklifts begins.
- R & D, manufacturing and sales are consolidated at Nissan Motor’s Murayama Plant; all-inclusive and in-house operations are established.
- Export to USA begins.
- Shinnikkokukogyo Co., Ltd. commissioned to design and manufacture forklifts.
- The first Nissan Forklift rolls off the assembly line at Nissan Motor's Totsuka plant.