Protection of personal information
UniCarriers Corporation, (hereinafter referred to as “the Company") handles various information based on UniCarriers Group corporate principles such as the Company’s technology information or customer information. As the Company respect values of these information, we strive to establish information management system and make it thoroughly. Regarding personal data protection, together to enact regulations and establish management system, we hereby set forth the following as our personal information protection policy. All directors, employees shall be kept fully aware of the policy, and we shall make every effort to ensure the proper protection of personal information.
Definition of personal information
The term "personal information" shall mean information the Company have, which by the combination of one or more than two identify a specific individual by name, date of birth, age, sex, address, telephone number, family structure, hobby, preference, e-mail address, work, belonging, work address, work telephone number, credit card number, bank account number, series of number or words given to individual, purchased products or items, or information regarding service, information of access to web site, information of complaints, consultations, inquiries, contained in such information. This shall include such information that makes it possible to reference other information and thereby enable the identification of a specific individual. Or “the Person” refers to individual identifiable from above personal information. Based on below “Personal information protection policy”, the Company protects and manages personal information with closed attention and maximum efforts.
Range of application
Contents included in below “Personal information protection policy” define personal information the Company handles.
Personal protection policy of the Company
1. Personal protection policy of the Company
The Company, in consideration of having customer information, establishes management system to protect personal information to correspond to each business operation, appropriately handle collection, use, and provides the personal information in accordance with designated regulations.
2. Compliances with laws and other regulations
The Company shall comply with laws and other regulations applicable for the protection of personal information in dealing with such information, also we shall create internal rules to comply with such laws and other regulations.
3. Enforcement of safety measures
To secure accuracy and safety of personal information, enforcement of access management of personal information, restriction of taken out measure of personal information and countermeasure of unauthorized access from outside are enforced based on various regulations on information security, to prevent the loss, demolition, manipulation or leakage of personal information.
4. Respects the rights of the person on personal information
The Company shall respect the rights of the person on personal information and correspond sincerely when there is a request to disclose, correct, delete or refuse the use or providing personal information.
5. Formulate the personal information protection management regulations and continuous improvement
The Company shall have directors and employees recognize the importance of protection of personal information and formulate internal rules to protect and appropriately use the personal information and enforce them steadily. Furthermore, maintain them and improve continuously.
Purposes of the use of personal information
1. The Company shall use all or a part of personal information on items set forth on below only in range of necessity.
a) Announcement of events or new products for the Person or the group the Person belongs to
b) Providing membership service to the Person or the group the Person belongs to
c) Providing after care service to the Person or the group the Person belongs to
d) To correspond to inquiries from the Person or the group the Person belongs to
e) Analyzing for the fulfillment of the products and services
f) Survey and analyze on the Person or the group the Person belongs to
g) Fulfillment of the contract bound between the Person or the group the Person belongs to
h) Performance of obligation based on laws
i) Related business set forth on above
2. The Company may provide all or a part of personal information in the range of items set forth above to below companies by paper or digital media.
a) The Company’s group companies (companies we own more than 20% of shared issues directly or indirectly)
b) Major shareholders of the Company (companies own more than 20% of shared issues of our company directly or indirectly)
c) The group company of major shareholders of the Company (companies major shareholders of the Company own more than 20% of shared issues)
d) Third parties the Company assigns the business
However, when there is an application from the Person, above stated provision to the third parties will be stopped. Application, inquiries or complaints regarding above provision to above stated third parties are accepted on below inquiry desk.
3. The Company may provide all or a part of personal information in cases applicable to below stated items without prior agreement from the Person.
a) Cases in which the handling of personal information is based on laws and regulations
b) Cases in which the handling of personal information is necessary for the protection of the life, body, or property of an individual and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the Person c) Cases in which the handling of personal information is specially necessary for improving public health or promoting the sound growth of children and which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the Person
d) Cases in which the handling of personal information is necessary for cooperating with a state organ, a local government, or an individual or a business operator entrusted by either of the former two in executing the affairs prescribed by laws and regulations and in which obtaining the consent of the Person is likely to impede the execution of the affairs concerned
1. Most of the services the Company provides can be used without personal information. However, please be aware that there is services cannot be provided without having personal information from the Person
2. Please be aware that the Company assumes no responsibility or liability for security of personal information on other websites linked on the Company
Disclosure of personal information, corrections, additions, purpose use notice, or accepting complaints
When there are requests of disclosure, additions, deletions, or purpose use notice (hereinafter “disclosure request, etc.”) , complaints to the handling of personal information that we own or shared the use, set forth as on below.
1. In cases of disclosure requests, etc.
We respond to disclose when there is a submission of forms regulated by the Company. Please contact to below inquiry desk of how to obtain the forms.
2. In cases of complaints of handling of personal information
Please inquire by post or by e-mail to below inquiry desk
3. Inquiry desk
UniCarriers Corporation Personal information inquiry desk
1-2, Shin-Ogura, Saiwai-ku, Kawasaki,
Kanagawa, 212-0031, Japan
1. The Company’s personal information protection policy is based on laws in Japan.
2. For the better protection of personal information, or in order to adhere to the revisions of laws, governmental and ministerial ordinance and others, the Company may revise personal information protection policy. Periodical confirmations of the site is kindly requested.
3. The Company’s personal information protection policy applies since the publication date (including renewal date)
4. When there are indications of rules on personal information protection individually on each web site, or if there are links to web sites indicating them, the contents on this site are prioritized.
Enactment date: Oct 1, 2013